ssh server hashcode change on nanoBSD

takCoder tak.official at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 14:22:49 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 10:41 PM, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
>Don't top-post, please.

Sorry for top-posting.. i'll try to keep an eye on it from now on :)

well, cause i got my answer, let's have a conclusion:
According to:

On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 10:41 PM, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
>There are a number of keys involved in ssh. The host keys are used at
>the start of the connection to make sure that some other machine doesn't
>impersonate the one you wanted.

and

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 2:22 PM, Polytropon wrote:
>The key received in the first step of a SSH session is the
>host key which identifies the host (in your case: the nanoBSD
>box). This key is stored in the SSH client's key database for
>reference because the key of a box typically does not change.
..
>As explained, this host key is generated when no key is found
>at startup. As soon as you make it permanent to your nanoBSD
>installation, the key will obviously stay the same, and the
>SSH client won't complain

i made my ssh server key permanent on my nanoBSD server, by moving
/etc/ssh/ files to /cfg/ssh files (i think those two files named dsa_key
are enough, but in this test, i copied all files in the source dir..) and
now there are no compliments from any clients, thanks to Polytropon and
Lowell and Aldis. :)

>Cryptography in general is quite complicated, and ssh is a lot more
>complicated than just its cryptography.
and also thank you all for your patience and good explanations :)

Best Regards,
t.a.k