I made a mess. libc

Joshua Isom jrisom at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 21:10:54 UTC 2013

On 2/21/2013 11:22 AM, Bernt Hansson wrote:
> 2013-02-21 18:01, Teske, Devin skrev:
>> Is it the base machine that won't boot? I got this ...
>
> That is correct. So no cd burning no nothing...Well it want to drop in
> to a single shell bla bla bla press enter for /bin/sh
>
> <enter>
> libexec* libc.so.7: invalid file format
>
> I do not want to reinstall, have 4 encrypted disks.

If you get the PC-BSD memstick, it boots FreeBSD with a GUI.  You'll
want the USB Live probably.  The PC-BSD versions match the FreeBSD
versions.  If you're running 8.3, get the 8.3 memstick for instance.
You could be safe just copying the libc from PC-BSD to your host, and
then just reinstall for sanity's sake.