jail and networking

Devin Teske devin.teske at fisglobal.com
Thu Feb 21 19:22:10 UTC 2013

It
> then specifically mentions ssh and send mail.
>
> The system I looked at runs seven jails fine without my having made that
change.
> I am not sure why I am getting away with this, but I also thank you

What I find strange is that:

1. I knew about ListenAddress w/respect to jails, but...

2. We are not changing it (sshd_config has no ListenAddress -- leading to
default values used), yet...

3. Base machine and jails both work fine

Not sure when it's required versus not, because we're running fine without that
change here with over a dozen jails.

The only thing I've ever noticed is that we tend to use
jail_NAME_ip="iface|addr" while most everybody else seems to be using
jail_NAME_ip="addr".
--
Devin