jail and networking

Teske, Devin Devin.Teske at fisglobal.com
Wed Feb 20 16:24:00 UTC 2013

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013, Bernt Hansson wrote:

> Hello list!
>
> I dont seem to get net working in a test jail.
>
> These I've tried;
>
> ftp, fetch, telnet
>
> They time out.
>
> Ssh sort of work.
>
> 32bit# ssh 10.0.0.3
> ssh_askpass: exec(/usr/local/bin/ssh-askpass): No such file or directory
> Host key verification failed.
>
> jail is 8.3-STABLE i386 GENERIC
>
> host is FreeBSD 8.3-STABLE amd64 GENERIC
>
> I'm sure you want more info so just tell me what info.

Commonly the problem is that you are "jexec'd" into the jail and I find that tools like ssh, ftp, telnet, etc. don't work when you're in the jail via "jexec" but instead what works way better is if you ssh into the jail (via the jail'd ssh process of course).

Does that seem to be the case in your situation?
--
Devin