clicking on URL'S in mutt.

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Tue Feb 19 05:39:44 UTC 2013

On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 21:04:05 -0800, Gary Kline wrote:
> 	for some reason, kmail is busted and I need a way of getting
> 	mutt to spawn firefox.  Anybody?

I can only suggest the most basic method (which should work
with any text mode MUA, even those without any mouse support).
It requires that you already have a Firefox running, e. g. on
a 2nd workspace. First select the URL in the mail message with
the left mouse button, then switch over to the Firefox window
and click the middle mouse button (or press down the mouse
wheel if you don't have a normal 3 button mouse). If the URL
is encapsulated in spaces, a double-click would select it,
so you don't need to manually select it from its beginning
to its end (or vice versa).

> 	ps:  this is from a linujx desktop running kde...

If your mail storage is intact, can't you (temporarily) use
Thunderbird to access it? If I remember correctly, KMail and
Thunderbird are using the same storage format (mbox, I think)...

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany