How to add zfs support to FreeBSD?

Teske, Devin Devin.Teske at fisglobal.com
Tue Feb 19 02:34:16 UTC 2013

The tool for checking rc.conf(5) is my sysrc(8).

It will eventually be part of base (it's already checked into HEAD at usr.sbin/sysrc -- but not installed by default unless WITH_BSDCONFIG is enabled when performing a build(7) or release(7) process).

Currently, also available via ports in sysutils/sysrc

I definitely recommend giving it a shot.

There's essentially two ways to use it for your needs:

1. sysrc -n zfs_enable

Returns YES for example.

or...

2. For better performance, use the includes...

#!/bin/sh
. /usr/local/share/sysrc/sysrc.subr
f_sysrc_get zfs_enable

Returns YES for example.