Ports & Packages [Stable] in sync

Damien Fleuriot ml at my.gd
Sun Feb 17 11:13:26 UTC 2013

On 16 Feb 2013, at 16:56, Jeff Tipton <jeff.t at mail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I upgraded 9.0 -> 9.1 on my netbook and only then found out that there are no packages for 9.1-RELEASE. On my desktops, I keep ports and packages at the RELEASE versions, so I only have to compile when I need non-default options or when there are no packages. Would it be possible to get the ports snapshot that was used to compile the 9-STABLE packages? I think I could use subversion but then I need to know the revision number of that snapshot. What do you suggest?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I think you might be confused here.

It is my understanding that there are ports for:
- HEAD
- x.y-RELEASE

I don't think you're going to be able to get a snapshot from 9-STABLE, because -STABLE is a continuing work.

What version do you consider to be 9-STABLE ?
Every time there's a new commit you get a "new" 9-STABLE.