about unatteneded installation

dteske at freebsd.org dteske at freebsd.org
Thu Feb 14 19:56:15 UTC 2013

As previously mentioned, the FreeBSD Druid for FreeBSD 9.x contains gpart in the
mfsroot.

To make this work under sysinstall, you'd essentially tell sysinstall to use
what's "already there" (and by "already there", I mean have a script pre-create
the partition layout with gpart prior to installation). There are places (like
the "all_install" script) in the FreeBSD Druid that would make this a simple
proposition, but I'm afraid that the better solution (according to the article)
is to use a "true" 4K-only drive (the article mentions that the problem only
comes into play with drives that advertise both 512 and 4K sector sizes).
--
Devin