Upgrade causes loss of all firefox settings (?)

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Tue Feb 12 23:47:05 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-02-13 at 00:16 +0100, Polytropon wrote:
> Even though I don't like "Flash" especially because it
> has become what animated GIFs have been used for in the
> past - replacement for HTML, nagging, stealing focus,
> aggressive advertising with sound and so on - it perfectly
> works with Opera.

The best websites are made by people using braille instead of displays.
Sometimes they choose less good color combinations :D, but they usually
are willing to fix it, if you ask them.

I'm a musician, I need to "activate" the sound card and to turn on
additional audio gear, before I get sound. I don't like noise all the
times. It reminds me of the idiotic sounds on the main bridge of the
Enterprise. Desktop sound is disabled and if I need audio notification I
want the bell, a simple beep from the computer case's thingy. Idiotic
animations stealing focus are a serious issue for me, regarding to
dyslexia signs already are animated for me, when they aren't animated. I
already can't use applications that animate a mini icon in a menu bar,
if it's impossible to disable it. "It's drivin' me crazy. It's drivin'
me nuts."

Even if old printers are slow, loud and the printing wasn't brilliant,
I'm missing my ink ribbon listing paper printers. Printing was cheap
that time and reading was much nicer than using the monitor of my
computer or my tablet PC. I've got inkjet printer, but it's to expensive
for me, to use them.

I heard that reading should be more comfortable on a cheap reader than
on an iPad, but I won an iPad and will keep it as a toy and reader and
won't buy a reader, since they aren't really cheap.