FreeBSD on Acer C7 Chromebook?

trrevv at gmail.com trrevv at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 10:49:15 UTC 2013

Yes.  I plan to try to get FreeBSD booting on a Chromebox (not the same but
close enough- both use the 2nd generation core boot firmware described
here http://www.chromium.org/chromium-os/developer-information-for-chrome-os-devices/custom-firmware).

Don't hold your breath.

It's not clear this can be done without some programming.  The boot codes
for Chrome OS devices aren't so much "non standard BIOS" as completely
their own thing.  Nothing wrong with that, but it makes booting anything
other than your own linux kernel very difficult.

If anyone beats me to it, PLEASE, post to the Chrome OS mailing list with
how you do it!  Or somehow make it known....

Trever