which pkg repository with 9.1

Joseph A. Nagy, Jr jnagyjr1978 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 02:34:46 UTC 2013

On 02/04/13 13:03, Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Feb 2013 19:53:40 +0100
> mhca12 <mhca12 at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I ran pkg and it fetched and setup pkgng. That was easy.
>>
>> Is it possible that the November 2012 security incident means
>> there's still no installable packaged via pkg-install?
>> I was going to install rsync.
>
> 	I believe it is still the case that there is no official package
> repository. I've gone to using poudriere to maintain a local pkgng
> repository. Once set up (not too hard) it's remarkably painless.

I really think a message needs to go out on the announce list (as well
as ports@ and questions@, others as appropriate) about the fact there is
no official pkg repo at the moment. I'm constantly seeing emails about
this on this list.
--
Yours in Christ,

Joseph A Nagy Jr
"Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction
is stupid." -- Proverbs 12:1
Original content CopyFree (F) under the OWL
http://copyfree.org/licenses/owl/license.txt