which X driver for NVIDIA Quadro FX 570M?

Gary Aitken freebsd at dreamchaser.org
Sun Feb 3 18:52:44 UTC 2013

On 02/03/13 11:32, Polytropon wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Feb 2013 11:29:30 -0700 (MST), Warren Block wrote:
>> On Sun, 3 Feb 2013, Gary Aitken wrote:
>>
>>> I suspect it is from building the nvidia driver,
>>> as those Makefiles use
>>>  X11BASE=   /usr/X11R6
>>
>> Last I heard from the ports guys, that is obsolete.
>
> If I remember correctly, X11BASE equals LOCALBASE, which
> is /usr/local, so any Makefile which uses X11BASE will
> be directed to /usr/local. It's not clear to me why a
> Makefile defines a location that has been obsolated...

It's surrounded by

.if !defined(X11BASE)
X11BASE=        /usr/X11R6
.endif

Which would protect it if it was defined;
but I don't see where X11BASE is defined anywhere in
  /usr/ports/Mk
  /usr/share/mk

If it's been obsoleted, that would be the problem.

However, I don't see LOCALBASE defined anywhere except in terms of itself, either.
Where is it initially set?
Not being a make dude, I'm out of my element here