IT security and pentesting tools on FreeBSD

Frank Leonhardt frank2 at fjl.co.uk
Sun Dec 29 16:06:41 UTC 2013

On 29/12/2013 15:50, Polytropon wrote:
>> >As to the MAC address, easy. Something like:
>> >
>> >ifconfig bge1 link EE:EE:EE:EE:EE:EE
>> >
>> >It'll either work, or it won't work.
> What does its working depend on? Has it to be a specific feature
> or functionality of the wireless card?

Yep - the hardware and the driver need to support the feature. I'm
pretty sure that most modern adapters do, but the drivers may be a bit
behind. FWIW I just tried it on a Broadcomm, and it worked (after the
ARP cache timed out!).

I'd guess most wireless NICs are fairly new and therefore support it,
but you'll just try it and see - and try a different card if the first
one doesn't work. It's not something do all the time so I don't have a list.

Regards, Frank.