How to Stop IMAP & LMTPUNIX from logging SQL engine 'mysql' not supported

dweimer dweimer at dweimer.net
Fri Dec 20 21:08:51 UTC 2013

I have a server setup that runs sendmail along with Cyrus IMAP, and
SASLAUTH, its working fine, in fact I am sending this message through
the server.  However ever since I set up the server, and throughout
several upgrades I have consistently been receiving the following
messages in /var/log/messages.

Dec 20 14:17:28 webmail imaps[47553]: SQL engine 'mysql' not supported
Dec 20 14:17:28 webmail imaps[47553]: auxpropfunc error no mechanism
available
Dec 20 14:17:51 webmail lmtpunix[47578]: SQL engine 'mysql' not
supported
Dec 20 14:17:51 webmail lmtpunix[47578]: auxpropfunc error no mechanism
available

I have the server setup to use saslauthd, which is set to use sasldb as
the back end, I can't find anywhere where its set to try mysql as the
back end.  which would be causing these error messages, as I don't have
mysql Installed, and never intend to.

# From /usr/local/etc/imapd.conf
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd

# From /etc/rc.conf
cyrus_imapd_enable="YES"
saslauthd_enable="YES"
saslauthd_flgas="-a sasldb"
sendmail_enable="YES"

# From /var/db/ports Options files.
mail_cyrus-imapd24/options:OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=MYSQL
security_cyrus-sasl2/options:OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=MYSQL

Anyone have any ideas what settings I am missing so that it stops trying
to authenticate against the non existent mysql back end?

--
Thanks,
    Dean E. Weimer