Base System Rebuild

Erich Dollansky erichsfreebsdlist at alogt.com
Wed Dec 11 05:40:41 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 21:23:59 -0800
"ETHAN HOUSE (RIT Student)" <ewh2048 at rit.edu> wrote:

> One more quick question.
>
> I am trying to rebuild all of my user land packages so it pulls down
> and fixes all of the broken deps.

I am not 100% sure if this will work.

> $ portmaster -af
> ===>>> Currently installed version: virtio-kmod-9.0-0.242658
> ===>>> Port directory: /usr/ports/emulators/virtio-kmod
>
>     ===>>> This port is marked IGNORE
>     ===>>> not supported ${OSREL} (9.2)
>

>     ===>>> If you are sure you can build it, remove the
>            IGNORE line in the Makefile and try again.

Ask a search engine why this port is marked ignore.

> ===>>> Update for virtio-kmod-9.0-0.242658 failed
> ===>>> Aborting update
>
> Any idea how to get around this. I tried portupdate except it pkgdb -F
> wasn't happy I was using pkgng packages.

You must use either or. I would recommend pkgng.

And still, I would copy the /usr/local directory to a different
location, delete all ports and start from scratch. I do not believe
that portmaster or portupgrade are able to handle all weird situations
which you might will find at that machine.

Erich