Round-trip time

Charles Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Tue Dec 10 19:49:22 UTC 2013

Hi--

On Dec 10, 2013, at 7:03 AM, Anton Sayetsky <vsjcfm at gmail.com> wrote:
> What mechanism I can use to artificially increase RTT? I think that
> dummynet is bad variant because I need 10 Gbit/s+ bandwidth.

Well, _any_ mechanism you choose will need to buffer 10+ Gb/s times
the extra latency you want to add.

If you can't get dummynet or AltQ to serve the role adequately, and you've
got a budget for a commercial alternative, a company called Shunra makes
network appliances which can add 150ms of latency to a 10 Gb/s link for
things like testing network communications between geographically
separate datacenters or the like.

Regards,
--
-Chuck