Infinite pkg loop, was Re: pkg-ng problem, how do I recover?

james james at mansionfamily.plus.com
Sun Dec 8 23:28:56 UTC 2013

On 08/12/2013 17:58, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> Hmmm... See the discussion here:
> https://github.com/freebsd/pkg/issues/633 What happens if you: * rm
> /var/db/pkg/repo-*.sqlite * pkg upgrade and then just leave it to
> churn for a long time? It /should/ eventually finish and do something
> reasonable. Hitting Ctrl-C on pkg(8) doesn't tend to end well at the
> moment, so avoid it as far as possible. Cheers, Matthew
> -- Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil. PGP:
> http://www.infracaninophile.co.uk/pgpkey
Ah.  Well, that does the trick.  Thanks!

Weirdly I had to upgrade twice before it wanted to do some upgrades -
first time just fetched digests.txz and claimed nothing to do, then it
fetched digests.txz and packagesite.txz and found 63 upgrades.

Indeed hopefully it will get better, would have hopes sqlite
transactions would be robust.