how to save a web video?

Chris Hill chris at monochrome.org
Thu Dec 5 00:46:17 UTC 2013

On Wed, 4 Dec 2013, Gary Kline wrote:

> Of_Interest: With 27 years  of service  to the  Unix  community.
>

> 	hi guys,
>
> 	anybody how howto save a video stream from the web?
> 	they come/go too quickly for my taste!

There is www/youtube_dl in ports. For other than youtube, it will vary,
and sometimes not be possible to me with my limited knowledge. Sometimes
I have been able to 'view page source' (control-U in Firefox) and find a
direct URL to the media file in there.

Hope this helps.

Chris Hill               chris at monochrome.org
**                     [ Busy Expunging </> ]