local ports collection

till plewe till.plewe at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 08:20:49 UTC 2013

Setting LDFCONFIG as well got a bit further but now I am stuck at
ranlib complaining that it cannot open a ".a" file (when trying to
install python2.7.6). The problem seems to be that files are installed
using permissions 0444 rather than 0644 when used by a non-root user.
Is there a simple method to work around this or rather to set this
properly?