find ports that aren't required anymore

Dale Scott dale at dalescott.net
Sat Aug 31 19:19:13 UTC 2013

I was using the postfix port, but decided to replace it with ssmtp to reduce
ports in use and simplify system updating (deleting postfix with
pkg_delete). Is it possible that deleting postfix will leave ports installed
that aren't required anymore? Will pkg_delete also delete any dependencies
no longer required? If I could have ports still installed that aren't
required anymore? How can I find them now? Portmaster?

All the information I could find related to finding dependencies for a port,
not for finding installed ports that don't have parent dependencies. Is it
possible to invoke "pkg_info -R" on all ports and filter the output?

TIA,
Dale