Jail with public IP alias

Alejandro Imass aimass at yabarana.com
Tue Aug 27 20:59:12 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have a machine with several public IPs on the same NIC and I bound
one of those IPs to a jail created with EzJail. Suppose the scenario
is something like this:

em0
190.100.100.1
190.100.100.2
190.100.100.3
190.100.100.4

In the jail we are bound only to 190.100.100.4

The default router is correctly set on the jail, etc.

But when we ssh out of that jail, or send an email, the receiving end
always sees 190.100.100.1 not 190.100.100.4 which is the IP the jail
is bound to.

Since I can't use traceroute or netstat I can only guess that it's
using the base systems routing table for link#1 and that's why it's
always going out of the first IP of that NIC.

Is there any way to fix this? Besides adding another NIC which we
currently can't do.

Thanks,

--
Alejandro Imass