Laptop Fn key causes X (Gnome 2) to sleep immediately

Matthias Petermann matthias at d2ux.org
Fri Aug 16 11:25:45 UTC 2013

Hi Adrian,

Zitat von Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org>:

> Hi!
>
> I'm glad someone else is seeing this!
>
> I have the same behaviour with KDE4 on my T60 and T400. If I go to run
> amiwm (because hey, Workbench is awesome!) it doesn't happen.
>
> .. and bah, I wish the resume worked for you. It works fine for me on T42i,
> T60, T400.

Thanks for your response. The fact it happens also in KDE appears
interesting... so the root cause might exist in a component on top of
pure X which is shared by Gnome and KDE. I will definitely do more
investigation on this at the weekend.

Hopefully some time suspend/resume will also work on the newer Lenovo
models (I would be curious if the wakeup problem is Intel/KMS only or
if also the NVidia models e.g. T430 NVS are affected).

Kind regards,
Matthias

--
Matthias Petermann <matthias at d2ux.org>