jail.conf ignoring exec.fib?

Karl Pielorz kpielorz_lst at tdx.co.uk
Wed Aug 14 15:49:55 UTC 2013

--On 14 August 2013 08:58 -0400 Fbsd8 <fbsd8 at a1poweruser.com> wrote:

> The jail(8) man page lacks details about how to use exec.fib.
>
> It requires either a new kernel (with "options ROUTETABLES=2" or however
> many you want), or a boot-time setting with "net.fibs=2" in
> /boot/loader.conf (requiring a reboot).

Yup, done that :)

> setfib 1 route add default 198.192.64.21
> creates routing table number 1 with that IP address.
>
> In this example exec.fib="1" would be coded.
>
> See setfib(8) and setfib(2) for details.

Yeah, I do that as well - but 'netstat -r -n' from within the jail shows
the systems default routing table.

As opposed to 'setfib 1 netstat -r -n' (outside the jail) which shows fib
either has no default gateway, or the one I set (which is right).

Just within the jail, it only every shows it's using the systems default
routing table :(

Fib's work fine outside the jail (i.e. I can show them, set differing
default gateways) - but no matter what I do, the 'exec.fib=' line in
jail.conf seems to be ignored, when the jail is run up - it only ever sees
the default routing table :(

-Karl