Commercial Licensing

Nikola Pavlović nzp at riseup.net
Sat Aug 10 16:27:59 UTC 2013

On 10/08/13 03:41, Someth San wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm interested in installing FreeBSD into a small form factor PC for
> commercial use and was wondering whether there is a EULA in place for that
> purpose. I would like to avoid the open source requirement of disclosing my
> codes to a public community.
>
> If you can provide some information/direction in this regard, I would
> greatly appreciate it.

As others have said, you can do what you want to do with FreeBSD
licenced code.  The third party components in the base system that are
under different licences are in /usr/src/contrib and /usr/src/gnu, so
look there for potential problems.

And as Daniel has said, if you're not going to distribute the binaries
even the GPL code isn't a problem.  In any case, you should consult a
lawyer specializing in *software* copyright, not just any copyright
lawyer because depending on what you want to do, GPL can be very
complicated.