Control-M question

illoai at gmail.com illoai at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 02:36:34 UTC 2013

On 8 August 2013 17:15, Leonardo Santagostini <lsantagostini at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> Im trying to install control-m agent on FreeBSD doing some searching i
> didnt find anything that point to me to a sucessfull installation.
>
> I would really appreciate if someone can give to me a clue or some recipe
> or some howto !!
>
> Arquitecture is:
>
> FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE #0 r243825: Tue Dec  4 09:23:10 UTC 2012
> root at farrell.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
>
> and CTM agent is:
>
> PIM                     PLATFORM        PACKAGE DATE    INSTALL DATE
>  VERSION         INSTALL TYPE            COMME
> NTS
> ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
> DRKAI.6.3.01            Linux-x86_64    Dec-04-2006     Nov-04-2009
> 6.3.01.000      INSTALLATION

Well, assuming you're talking about the BMC software, they don't list
FreeBSD as a supported platform.
http://www.bmc.com/modules/module-html/Control-M-by-applications.html?&height=488&width=940
Given that it's not open source, if the doesn't run successfully under
Linux emulation, I strongly doubt you can do anything outside of con-
tacting the company.

Also, AFIK Linux emulation is i386 only, not amd64/x86_64 (or what-
ever obnoxious neologism they're using to-day) so you'll probably have
to run something other than Linux-x86_64.