AMD Phenom II X4 temperature issues (was Re: hardware monitor)

Eugene genie at geniechka.ru
Mon Aug 5 07:05:19 UTC 2013

Hello Gary,

Also make sure there is no packed dirt on the heatsink -- I don't know about
AMDs, but older Intel heatsinks often tend to accumulate a paper-like layer
of dirt on the 'top' of heatsink grid, blocking the airflow. I once had
several thermal shutdowns on my home PC before I found that. This does not
seem to happen with newer heatsinks so they must have changed the design
somehow =)

Best wishes
Eugene