System hangs for several minutes (disk IO related)

John Johnstone jjohnstone-freebsdquestions at tridentusa.com
Thu Aug 1 03:15:36 UTC 2013

On 7/31/13 9:41 AM, Mark Felder wrote:
> If you Google SmartArray P400 I'm sure you will find tons of horror
> stories. As soon as I saw that in your post I recalled looking into an
> issue for a customer not too long ago. In short, it's a very bad
> controller with tons of issues. I could be mistaking this for another
> controller, but I'm pretty confident this is the same one.

FreeBSD 9.1 is running here on a few DL360 G5's with the P400i and I've
seen no problems with them.  I've seen about 200 of the same machines in
production for a few years with Windows and Linux and not a particularly
notable failure rate.  I just did a simple web search for P400 problems
and didn't come up with much.  I'd be surprised if there's a significant
difference between the P400i and the P400.

-
John J.