freesbd-update Continuously Wants to Update linker.hints

Ryan Frederick ryanrfrederick at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 21:37:59 UTC 2013

I have a number of boxes running 9.1-RELEASE (amd64) that I updated to
p3 yesterday via freebsd-update. However freebsd-update still indicates
that linker.hints needs to be updated. Running `freebsd-update install`
appears to install a new linker.hints file but still doesn't appear to
satisfy freebsd-update. Incidentally I have another amd64 system that I
did a clean install on last week, and it isn't exhibiting the same
issue. Has/is anyone run(ning) into this issue?

Ryan