Flash?

Walter Hurry walterhurry at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 19:24:43 UTC 2013

FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE on amd64.

I have installed Flash according to the instructions in the handbook.
When I do 'about:plugins' in Firefox, I get the following response:

Shockwave Flash

    File: npwrapper.libflashplayer.so
    Version:
    Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202

MIME Type                       Description             Suffixes
application/x-shockwave-flash   Shockwave Flash         swf
application/futuresplash        FutureSplash Player     spl

When I go to:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

it reports that Flash is installed, version 11.2.202.280, and I can see
the red bouncing ball.

When I go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8tSMKGbnW0

again it reports that Flash is installed correctly.

When I go to:

http://www.chemgapedia.de/vsengine/info/en/help/requirements/flash.html

once again, both tests run perfectly.

Yet when I go to youtube.com and click on a link, it says "The Adobe
Flash Player is required for video playback. Get the latest Flash Player".

What is wrong?