FreeBSD fstab Entry for Windows Share

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 09:35:00 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 1:08 AM, Dave Anderson <dave at marlinbrighton.com>wrote:

> When you say could not do an fstab entry, can you say what happens? Do you
> get any messages in logs?
>
> regards
> Dave
> --
> http://www.marlinbrighton.com
>
> On 16/04/2013 08:45, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:
>
>> Dear All ,
>>

>> When a Windows XP share is mounted with the following command in FreeBSD
>> 9.1 amd64 , it is working :
>>

>> # mount_smbfs -I 192.168.10.25
>> //user_name_in_Windows_**Administrators at NetBIOS_NAME_**
>> in_Windows/Share_Name_in_**Windows
>> /mnt
>>

>> I could not be able to write an /etc/fstab entry to mount that share
>> during
>> boot .
>>
>> When examples in many documents from Internet are imitated , no one of
>> them
>> is working , or
>> man pages are not much helpful.
>>

>> If an applicable , working statement is offered , it will be appreciated
>> very much .
>>

>> Thank you very much .
>>

>> Mehmet Erol Sanliturk
>>

> --
> Dave Anderson
> Marlin Brighton
> Independent IT Consultancy
> Mob: 07710 537 909
> email: dave at marlinbrighton.com <mailto:dave at marlinbrighton.**com<dave at marlinbrighton.com>
> >
> web: www.marlinbrighton.com <http://www.marlinbrighton.com>

Dear Dave ,

By using information from Polytropon's message , I could be able to define
/etc/fstab entry correctly .

With respect to your question :

When an entry is erroneous in /etc/fstab file , booting is entering into
single user mode .
After correction of erroneous entry , a fast boot is restarting .

The above cycle is continuing up to a completely correct /etc/fstab file is
supplied .

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk