When will binary packages be back?

Mike. the.lists at mgm51.com
Wed Apr 10 19:19:47 UTC 2013

On 4/10/2013 at 11:39 AM Brett Glass wrote:

|For many years, I've used FreeBSD binary packages to avoid long
|waits and/or having to set up a special build machine when creating
|small systems. But even though the development server security
|breach is now long past, there are no published binary packages for
|FreeBSD 9.1. When will they be back?

Additionally, for me, building from ports for me has tended to pull in
many, many X-windows support files when they are not needed.

Specifically, I run a non-windowing system using command line tools.
When I tried to compile Samba from ports, I finally killed the 'make'
stage after three hours of compiling X-windows stuff.

Nowhere had I ever spcified that the system was running X or any other
windowing system.  Yet, there it was, three hours of wasted time.

I never had such issues when installing from packages.