Youtube & Flash Videos broken?

Jens Schweikhardt schweikh at schweikhardt.net
Sat Apr 6 21:39:23 UTC 2013

hello, world\n

I have trouble playing Youtube videos in flash format in Firefox. This
has worked in the past, but for a few weeks now, the flash videos
display as a b/w noise background picture with a message centered "To
render this video you need the Adobe Flash Player. Install latest Flash
Player". Has Youtube conspired against me, you, FreeBSD, the world? :-)

I'm wondering if I have screwed up something. I'm running 9.1-STABLE as
of a few days ago, with up-to-date ports of emulators/linux_base-f10,
www/linux-f10-flashplugin11 and www/nspluginwrapper ports on FF20.0.
about:plugins says this:

    Shockwave Flash

        File: npwrapper.libflashplayer.so
        Version: Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202

    MIME Type                        Description     Suffixes
    application/x-shockwave-flash   Shockwave Flash     swf
    application/futuresplash    FutureSplash Player     spl

Since I haven't heard the FreeBSD community screaming "Gimme back
my Youtube!!!1!", I'll bite. What could the problem be? Is anyone
else but me able to play flash, like for example "The true science
of multiple universes" in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywn2Lz5zmYg ?

Other types play just fine, like "Pt1gard's 10-Question Apollo Test"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUPtiYiMCbQ

I can work around this by downloading the files with clive and watching
with mplayer, but I'd like to make this work again.

Regards,

	Jens
--
Jens Schweikhardt http://www.schweikhardt.net/