9.1-release bridge config at startup not working

Peter Hunčár hunci at hunci.sk
Thu Apr 4 00:15:14 UTC 2013

Hello list

After pretty much of googling I was able to make this bridge setup up and
running:

cloned_interfaces="bridge0"
ifconfig_bridge0="addm igb6 addm igb7"
ifconfig_bridge0_alias0="inet x.x.x.x netmask x.x.x.x"
ifconfig_igb6="up"
ifconfig_igb7="up"

however I'm running xorp pim multicast router on the box as well and it
complains about not being able to get the primary IP address of bridge0.
And I need xorp running on that subnet.
(after manually assigning an IP to bridge0, bridge0 becomes unresponsive)

I tried autobridge according to some sparse "documentation" found, but
autobridge with setup:

cloned_interfaces="bridge0"
autobridge_interfaces="bridge0"
autobridge_bridge0="igb6 igb7"
ifconfig_bridge0="inet x.x.x.x netmask x.x.x.x"
ifconfig_igb6="up"
ifconfig_igb7="up"

does not start at all. I end up with having only igb6 added in bridge0
without an IP address.

Well, I would gladly live without a bridge ;) if somebody could give me a
hit how to protect a group of servers on the same subnet as the router is.
Without a need of NAT or IP changes.
I need a DMZ, so I thought I'd simply put the boxes behind a filtered
bridge.
Seems like it's not that easy as it sound.

Thank you very much for any kind of help/advice

Peter Huncar