[ZFS] recover destroyed zpool - what are the available options?

Volodymyr Kostyrko c.kworr at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 15:30:32 UTC 2013

2013-04-03 18:17, Beeblebrox wrote:
> If anyone has ideas, zdb -C is now giving me detailed output. zpool status
> is:

You are mostly out of luck. The worst thing about ZFS is that when
something happens ZFS just gives you NO.

I posted this before, you can try this too:

zpool import -D -f -R /bsdr -N -F -n -Z bsdr

-D   work on deleted pools
-f   force import
-R   custom root folder to not interfer with your mounts
-N   do not mount filesystems
-F   recovery mode - tries last transactions to find a good one
-n   doesn't modify data on disk while in recovery mode
-Z   (undocumented) verify transactions in recovery mode by doing a
partial scrub (?).

I hope this will help you... Anyway you can try any other ZFS
implementation. For example FreeBSD loader can read files too while booting.

--
Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow.