Problems with xhci driver

Andréas Berg freebsd at a-berg.se
Tue Sep 25 17:53:34 UTC 2012

Greetings,

I seem to have encountered a problem with the xhci driver on my new
computer (FreeBSD 9.0). I noticed that I had a 15% interrupt cpu usage
when the machine wasn't doing anything so I looked into it and it turns
out that the xhci driver is going nuts on me.

A vmstat -i shows me this:
interrupt                          total       rate
irq16: xhci0                 16747312710     101948

I tried setting hw.usb.xhci.debug to 1 and then I got repeated logs
saying "xhci_set_hw_power:".

Any help on how to track the issue behind this down would be greatly
appreciated.

Since reboot I have had a usb disk plugged in and removed again. I also
unplugged the keyboard for a while.

Regards,
Andréas