have desktop on freebsd

Sean Cavanaugh millenia2000 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 20 11:17:23 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org [mailto:owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org] On Behalf Of saeedeh motlagh
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2012 5:49 AM
To: Bernt Hansson
Cc: Stephan Schindel; freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: have desktop on freebsd

thank you every body for your answers. i understand that my garphic card is NVIDIA not intel therefore i installed nvidia driver from port. now it seems that everything is ok. there is no error in Xorg.log file and when i run startx command, no errors occurred. but when i restart my system,i don't have desktop yet.

i don't know what to do and search for what, because there is no error.
please tell me if you have any idea about it.

Thanks

Are you saying that X doesn’t work after reboot or are you saying that X doesn’t automatically launch after reboot?

If it’s the latter, you need to enable it, either by turning tty8 on or by adding line to startup config.