openbsd packet firewall
freebsd at edvax.de
Fri Sep 7 13:05:58 UTC 2012
On Fri, 7 Sep 2012 09:00:27 -0400 (EDT), Darrel wrote:
> when i updated from fbsd82 to fbsd90 using buildworld, buildkernel,
> installkernel, reboot, installworld, mergemaster, and make check-old, then
> packet filter simply did not load.
That's nmot 100% the procedure. Please refer to the comment
header of /usr/src/Makefile for the full description. It should
also be mentioned in The FreeBSD Handbook.
1. `cd /usr/src' (or to the directory containing your source tree).
2. `make buildworld'
3. `make buildkernel KERNCONF=YOUR_KERNEL_HERE' (default is GENERIC).
4. `make installkernel KERNCONF=YOUR_KERNEL_HERE' (default is GENERIC).
[steps 3. & 4. can be combined by using the "kernel" target]
5. `reboot' (in single user mode: boot -s from the loader prompt).
6. `mergemaster -p'
7. `make installworld'
8. `make delete-old'
9. `mergemaster' (you may wish to use -i, along with -U or -F).
11. `make delete-old-libs' (in case no 3rd party program uses them anymore)
The proper use of mergemaster and the two delete* targets
seems to be different from your description.
Happy FreeBSD user since 4.0
Andra moi ennepe, Mousa, ...
More information about the freebsd-questions