NFSv4 ACL permissions setting

Doug Sampson dougs at dawnsign.com
Wed Sep 5 23:13:53 UTC 2012

> Wiadomość napisana przez Doug Sampson w dniu 31 sie 2012, o godz. 01:42:
>
> [..]
>
> > group:DSP-production:rwxpDdaARWcCos:fd----:allow               <<<<<----
> -
> > group:DSP-production:rwxpDdaARWcCos:fd----:allow               <<<<<----
> -
>
> This itself looks like a bug in setfacl(1).  I'll look into it.
> However...
>
> [..]
>
> > #!/bin/sh
> > # run this script where you wish to effect the changes
> > # reset perms to default
> > find . -type d -print0 | xargs -0 setfacl -b *
>
> Why the asterisk?  Also, using "-m" with NFSv4 ACLs is not a very good
> idea - it's supposed to work, but with NFSv4 ACLs the ordering does
> matter,
> and "-m" simply modifies the ACL entry in place, while the effect of the
> entry might depend e.g. on "deny" entries before it.  Use "-a" instead.

Forgive me- I am not particularly strong when it comes to shell scripting. I will modify so that the -a parameter is used instead of -m when setting new entries.

What would you use in place of the asterisk when you want to apply the "setfacl -b" command to either all files or all directories? The period?

~Doug