No sound from speaker, using Realtek ALC269 and snd_hda

Alexander Motin mav at FreeBSD.org
Wed Oct 31 22:14:56 UTC 2012

On 31.10.2012 18:24, Big Yuuta wrote:
> No, that patch didn't do the trick for the simple reason that
> my actual subid was 0x84371043 and not 0x1043837 -you spot my mistake? ;-)
>
> So here's the one that finally got me sound with my Asus EeePC 1001px
> on the internal speaker:
>
> Now I can have a good nap thinking that somehow I contributed a
> tiny little bit to my favorite OS.
>
> Thank you so much, Alexander! Not only you helped me solve this problem that
> I had for several months, but you also got me interested in FreeBSD's
> internal code!

Thank you for your contribution, it is really valuable, as there is no
other way to handle such kind of hardware issues.  I've just committed
the patch to the HEAD branch and will merge it down to 8/9-STABLE in two
weeks.

--
Alexander Motin