I need a simple cli tool to rotate mp4 video.

Jakub Lach jakub_lach at mailplus.pl
Tue Oct 30 22:31:38 UTC 2012

Thanks, I'm was already playing with mencoder, but I had no luck with it;
either I was destroying/misaligning audio track or loosing video quality.

(or encoding raw with 54x size increase).

I have more success with ffmpeg, e.g.

$ ffmpeg -i A.mp4  -vf "transpose=1" -r 30 -sameq -acodec copy B.mp4

Is _almost_ ideal, apart from x1.5 increase in size... playing with fps does
not
change it too.