Which NNTP newsreader for huge newsgroups?

jb jb.1234abcd at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 15:05:44 UTC 2012

C. P. Ghost <cpghost <at> cordula.ws> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for an NNTP newsreader that can gracefully
> handle newsgroups with a *huge* number of posts, if
> possible with a moderate memory and CPU footprint.

$ cat /usr/ports/news/pan/pkg-descr
Pan is a newsreader, loosely based on Agent and Gravity, which attempts to
be pleasant to use for new and advanced users alike. It has all the typical
features found in newsreaders, and also supports offline reading, multiple
connections, and a number of features for power users and alt.binaries fans.

WWW: http://pan.rebelbase.com/

jb