laptop with no BIOS? or BIOS reflash pain

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Mon Oct 29 22:51:24 UTC 2012

On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 15:44:19 -0700 (PDT), Jakub Lach wrote:
> More civilised notebook manufactures usually provide
> also self booting (CD) image to update BIOS
> (e.g. Lenovo/ThinkPad).

I've recently heared (but not verified) that some
manufacturers provide floppy disk images that can
be used with floppies (if you have them) utilizing
a USB floppy disk drive to boot (selectable as boot
source at system startup). This way you don't waste
650 MB, only 1.44 MB for this one-time use... :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany