Problem with libpng + Mozilla applications on FreeBSD 8.3

Mike Clarke jmc-freebsd2 at milibyte.co.uk
Sun Oct 28 08:49:20 UTC 2012

On Sunday 28 October 2012 01:17:46 Manish Jain wrote:

> Consider me a newbie here. How do I do wide-reinstall ?

You can do this with ports-mgmt/portmaster. See the section "Using portmaster
to do a complete reinstallation of all your ports" at the end of the examples
section of the man page.

> I don't mind
> pulling in and building a few more ports as long as it is not the whole
> GNOME2 metaport

Rebuilding everything is the least complicated way of fixing the problem. It's
a big job but if you don't do that then you're likely to have to keep doing
even more firefighting in the future.

--
Mike Clarke