NVIDIA proprietary driver error

Ashkan Rahmani ashkan82r at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 07:04:34 UTC 2012

Hi,
I'm going to install driver for nvidia 310M cuda enabled, but I have some
problem with it.
First I tried with Nvidia driver from ports, and then official driver from
nvidia.com (It's name is NVIDIA-FreeBSD-x86_64-304.60.tar.gz). After
running nvidia-xconfig I got this error:

(II) NVIDIA dlloader X Driver  304.60  Sun Oct 14 20:29:31 PDT 2012
> (II) NVIDIA Unified Driver for all Supported NVIDIA GPUs
> (II) Primary Device is:
> (EE) No devices detected.
>
> Fatal server error:
> no screens found

But aftre running Xor -configure and copy xorg.conf.new to
/etc/X11/xorg.conf finally I can start X server! wow!
But problem is still exist in another way!
Monitor resolution must be 1366x768 xxx but resolution is  1024x768 and
with lag.

this is link to my Xorg.conf generated by Xorg -configure: download
here<https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B04FnfYf6_mLeE1GNF9zQ28tRmM>

linux_enable="YES" is in  /etc/rc.conf .
nvidia_load="YES" is in /boot/loader.conf .

---
Best Regards,
Ashkan R