Xterm options for correct man page display?

Jamie Paul Griffin jamie at kode5.net
Sat Oct 6 09:46:01 UTC 2012

[ Ronald F. Guilmette wrote on Sat  6.Oct'12 at  2:25:04 -0700 ]

> When I view man pages in a xterm window, some parts of them are coming
> out a bit garbled.
>
> I'm sure that there must be some recommended option or options for
> xterm that will cause man pages to display properly.  If someone would
> tell me what those options are, I would appreciate it.  Thanks.

It will most likely be due to your locale settings. Also, I experimented with fonts in xterm and uxterm, only the default font allowed unicode charaters to display, so I am now using urxvt and it works great. I also changed my pager option in the shell start up file to less as opposed to more, and set lesscharset environment variable, man pages display fine now for me.