cksum entire dir??

Австин Ким avstin at mail.ru
Fri Oct 5 23:48:20 UTC 2012

Thu, 4 Oct 2012 22:28:03 -0400 от Mike Jeays <mike.jeays at rogers.com>:

> "rsync --dry-run" may be a simple solution that would meet your needs? You might need to add the "--delete" option.
>
> Take another look at man rsync.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was looking for!  Or to be precise:

        rsync -acinv --delete remote.example.com:Directory ParentOfCorrespondingDirectoryOnLocalhost

(The point here being that I was looking for a tool to help me check to see if directories on two separate hosts be in sync, rather than forcibly to sync unidirectionally, as some files are newer on one side and vice versa.)

Thanks!

--Austin