a wireless network freezes the machine?

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Mon Oct 1 05:40:09 UTC 2012

Victor Sudakov wrote:

[dd]

> Is it possible that wpa_supplicant or some other part of the WiFi
> setup causes the hangs? Nothing else has changed in the system besides
> its role from the access point to a WiFi client.

Actually, kern/170066 may be related, but it's different hardware and
in my case, the box does not freeze immediately at wpa_supplicant's
start, though it does freeze eventually, especially if there is some
load on the video subsystem (Intel SandyBridge with the recent
x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel) like watching a movie.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov at sibptus.tomsk.ru