Port update hosed entire system

Rod Person rodperson at rodperson.com
Mon Oct 1 00:15:39 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I was attempting to update ports that used libogg with the command

portmaster -d -y -r libogg

I went away and came back some hours later and some updates had failed.
Now my shell segfaults on any command such as ls, clear or su
I tried to login on another console as root and after giving the
password it just goes back to login. I am at a loss as to what to do to
fix this one.

$ uname -a
FreeBSD Atomizer64 9.0-RELEASE-p3 FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE-p3 #0: Tue Jun 12
02:52:29 UTC 2012
root at amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

--
Rod Person
http://www.rodperson.com

"First we got population.  The world today has 6.8 billion people.
That's headed up to about 9 billion. Now if we do a really great job on
new vaccines,  health care, reproductive health services, we lower that
by perhaps 10 or 15 percent."
 - Bill Gates