No xrstor Error Encountered During Buildkernel

Tim Daneliuk tundra at tundraware.com
Fri Nov 30 18:02:56 UTC 2012

I have a FBSD 9.0 VM running under VirtualBox (hosted under Mint Linux).
I blew away /usr/src and rebuilt it with 9-STABLE via subversion.
Then, I did a mergemaster.

When I try to now do a buildword, it blows up after about 15 minutes
of compilation with:

/usr/src/sys/amd64/acpica/acpi_switch.S: Assembler messages:
/usr/src/sys/amd64/acpica/acpi_switch.S:146: Error: no such instruction: `xsetbv
'
/usr/src/sys/amd64/acpica/acpi_switch.S:147: Error: no such instruction: `xrstor
  (%rbx)'
*** [acpi_switch.o] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC.
*** [buildkernel] Error code 1