latest git ports upgrade

Artifex Maximus artifexor at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 19:27:41 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 7:59 PM, Artifex Maximus <artifexor at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 3:50 PM, Mark Felder <feld at feld.me> wrote:
>> On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 15:04:12 +0100
>> Artifex Maximus <artifexor at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On next upgrade got the first error so I am in loop. Any idea what to do?
>>
>> Please check /usr/ports/UPDATING which has a note in there about git.
>
> Thanks for your answer. The UPDATING entry is about the daemon process
> repository permission not about the error I have. Mine is some problem
> in user adding process at port install I think.

Sorry for the noise I forgot to run pwd_mkdb first time. I had success
with pw group del git_daemon then editing master.passwd and run
pwd_mkdb -p master.passwd which generate password database and
recreate passwd from master.passwd.

BTW, why system does not know user git_daemon when git_daemon was in
passwd and master.passwd? I am using portmaster to upgrade my
installed ports.

Bye,